The Edtech Podcast Festival comes to London this month
The inaugural Edtech Podcast Festival is happening at Plexal, London, on Saturday 22nd September, bringing the edtech community together
Join us at The Edtech Podcast Festival to improve the dialogue between “ed” and “tech” for better innovation and impact.
We have been working on the festival for over a year! What does your golden ticket give you access to?
- A LIVE podcast stream with LIVE podcast recordings including:
– Schools Week LIVE reviewing the week’s news.
– The Teacher Toolkit podcast in conversation with Laura Mcinerney.
– NAHT and a local Deputy Head on saving Teacher’s Time.
– Bloomsberg Tech and the Webby Award-nominated Tech’s Messagepodcast host Nate Lanxon, talking with AI and blockchain experts on technologies which are set to change the way we learn.
- An educator workshop stream with senior leaders in education across school and universities talking about ‘the Do’s and Don’ts of edtech’, as well as experts on edtech in maths, science, and English. Plus, a head of e-learning running a help session on digital leadership and how you can get involved, and local primary leads on the importance of oracy.
- An edtech workshop stream featuring sessions on learner experience design, funding, international edtech, marketing and data.
- A makers yard with hands-on creative sessions and lesson ideas around design thinking and learning by making, plus a makers yard stage with more talks and workshops from educators.
- A pop-up book shop run by the Wellcome Collection Gift Shop and Blackwell’s featuring authors referenced on the podcast.
- A corridor of (lifelong) learning with exhibitors and sign-up sessions including Educate, Century Tech, now > press > play, London Legacy Development Corporation, Hackney Council, Education Media Centre and Primary CPD from Aureus School.
- A lunchtime sign-up session (limited places) including canoeing on the River Lea, mindfulness practices in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Edu film cinema, Visits to a local 3D printing organisation, and ‘meet the authors’.
- An estimated 6 CPD points with all opt-in attendees having their certificate of attendance on the blockchain. The content was developed with edu CPD leads and focuses on practical implementation to support priorities around strategic improvement, training, and improving learner outcomes.
- A programme of 3 x meet-ups on the festival day to bolster your personal support network and achieve your goals for the forthcoming year.
- Access to our pitching session with x10 entrants, and parents and students among our judging community.
- A delicious line-up of coffee, lunch, and evening treats with a final wrap party to say thank you for attending. (The hope is very much that you benefit from sharing knowledge with one another and supporting each other in your aims.)
- Over 170 people are already registered, and we want you to come and join and share your wealth of knowledge to get motivated for the year ahead. Join TeachFirst, Imperial College London, CenturyTech, NAHT, LSE, Eedi, and many more engaged in supporting new ideas around teaching and learning.
A few tickets remain! We hope to see you on the 22nd.