Developed alongside sector professionals, the dashboards are open to all Heidi Plus subscribers and provide detailed analytical insight from Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) data.
The dashboards will help institutions mitigate the ongoing issues brought about by the pandemic, allowing them to identify potential risks and build a strategic response.
The data will help in four key risk areas, including:
- Model the potential impacts of significantly reduced international student recruitment for postgraduate-taught programmes
- Develop specific mitigation strategies by modelling increases in UK domiciled undergraduates who could be retained for postgraduate courses
Offshore student provision
- Benchmark and assess the market and lay out priority areas
- Create bespoke overviews of the global HE market
- Identify opportunities to offset potential international student losses against UK domiciled students who may not be able to study offshore
International student impact
- Assess the potential reduction of international student numbers to inform subject planning
- Develop informed risk management strategies by modelling demand for international, postgraduate and undergraduate study by provision and domicile
UNESCO international student flow
- Understand international student mobility and percentage changes using five-year trend analysis
- Create detailed global student mobility insights
- Identify opportunities to diversify international provision
- Identify potential competitors in a post-COVID world
“These dashboards bring a significant contribution to strategic planning for scenarios facing the UK higher education sector due to COVID-19,” said Myles Danson, senior product owner – business intelligence at Jisc.
“The issues addressed are time-critical and I’m delighted we have been able to respond in just a few short weeks. I encourage colleagues to prioritise their use.”