Already used by thousands, Easy Annotate is improving education by enabling teachers and students to review, study and annotate two documents simultaneously on their iPads.
Describing the benefits, Apple Distinguished Educator Sabba Quidwai writes: “Most of us are always skipping back and forth between documents, I know I am and I know my students are. Sure we can have multiple tabs open, but why go back and forth when you can have documents side by side! Being able to work with two documents side by side makes it an ideal study tool especially when it comes to research and comparing PDFs.”
“A huge benefit to any classroom going paperless”
Dan Gallagher, Teacher Resource Specialist with West Windsor-Plainsboro NJ, writes the following: “As a former teacher I see this app being a huge benefit to any classroom going paperless. A teacher can now have PDFs of worksheets and literary or informational pieces which the students can view and annotate at the same time. Citation and providing evidence are skills which can be reinforced through the linking ability. Just imagine a student reading a chapter of a story and answering a question. They can then link their answer directly to the portion of the text where they derived it. During review, the student can simply touch their response and the corresponding text appears.”
- Edit side-by-side: Open two pdfs next to each other to review, compare, annotate, study or lookup references.
- Link PDFs: Link documents to create references for easy lookup. Tap the link later to automatically open the linked document next to the referring one.
- Annotate: Highlight, underline, note, draw or squiggle. Add sounds, signatures, stamps and images.
- Create notes: Write down your thoughts and ideas. Full RTF support with text fonts, alignment, text sizes, colors, italics, etc. Convert created notes to PDF for further use. View and edit notes next to another PDF.
- Convert: Open MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Apple Pages, Numbers and Keynote files and they’re automatically converted to PDF.
- Browse & download: Use the build-in web browser to read and compare websites. View webpages and PDF side-by- side. Simplified downloading of PDF and RTF files using just a single tap. Convert webpages to PDF.
- Export & share: Export your documents to your Dropbox*, Google Drive* or WebDAV* account, or send them to iTunes. Email pdfs to your colleagues. Print PDFs with annotations directly from Easy Annotate for easy sharing.
- Further: Bookmarks, outline displays, multiple view modes, full dictionary support, text-to-speech, and more…