Casio Electronics Co. Ltd, pioneers of Laser & LED Hybrid light source technology, has today announced the launch of a new Ultra Short Throw (UST) Lamp and mercury-free projector.
Casio is the only projector manufacturer with a complete line-up of lamp and mercury-free products, the addition of the UST demonstrates Casio’s commitment to greener technology with an emphasis on low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and energy efficiency.
The UST projector is ideal for both replacement and new-build projects, and can be mounted close to the wall to create large, powerful presentations even in smaller rooms. The main benefit of UST projection is that it virtually eliminates shadowing on the screen allowing for more creative and interactive presentations.
Designed to deliver a more engaging and visually stimulating learning experience, the Casio UST will provide teachers and students with the ability to get up close and personal with their AV equipment. The product – which can project a large 80-inch image from a distance as near as 27 centimetres – has been created to virtually eliminate on-screen shadowing.
Phil Clark, Head of Projection at Casio commented: “Despite the constant drive by the government to improve the learning environment, we all know that budgets are tight and classroom space is limited – the new UST projector has been designed with this in mind.”
By offering a projector with lower TCO and reduced environmental impact – when compared to lamp-based competitor products – Casio believes that it offers users a great incentive to ‘go green.’
Clark continues: “From talking to our customers it became clear that the UST was the natural progression for our projector range. As the industry leader in green projection technology, Casio is delighted to unveil one the most highly anticipated AV products of the last three years.”
The Casio UST will be available from June 2014; all UK units will be shipped with a 5 year/ 10,000 hour hardware and light source warranty.
- Lamp-free, mercury-free, Laser & LED Hybrid light source technology
- 3,100 ANSI lumens
- Throw ratio 0.28:1
- WXGA resolution (XGA switchable for retro-fit installations)
- Five year/10,000 hour hardware and light source warranty for total peace of mind
- Ideal for education and business environments
- Reduced image shadowing allowing for a more dynamic and engaging learning experience
- Low total cost of ownership (TCO) offering significant savings over the lifetime of the product
- Low maintenance – reducing classroom downtime/ increasing teaching time
- A wealth of connectivity options ensuring compatibility with new and existing installations