The 10th FDM Everywoman in Technology Awards are now open for nominations.
This year’s awards have the tagline ‘Achieve, Elevate and Inspire’, and aim to provide an opportunity for companies and individuals to put forward candidates to celebrate all stages of the career journey.
Nominations are open until 7 October 2019, and are open to entrepreneurs, new industry entrants and senior leaders. Entries are free and can be completed on the Everywoman website here.
This milestone underlines the hard work and persistence of so many people in the IT industry and sets a great example for the next generation of female talent.
– Shiela Flavell, FDM Group
Sheila Flavell, COO of FDM Group, said: “It’s incredibly exciting to celebrate the 10th anniversary of these important awards which celebrate the achievements of women in the technology sector.
“This milestone underlines the hard work and persistence of so many people in the IT industry and sets a great example for the next generation of female talent. We are very proud to support this important event and provide a platform for the female tech innovators and entrepreneurs who have gone above and beyond in their respective organisations.”
Previous winners include women creating lifesaving technology, to those designing programmes to develop the digital and coding skills of children.
The categories for the 2020 awards are:
- Academic Award (sponsored by Lloyds Banking Group) – For a woman in academia who has made an outstanding contribution to technology and science.
- One to Watch Award (sponsored by Computacenter) – For a girl aged 11–18 who is actively encouraging girls to study STEM subjects at school or making waves in the tech space.
- Apprentice Award – For a woman apprentice who is excelling in her early career.
- Rising Star Award (sponsored by T-Systems) – For a woman aged 26 or under who is excelling in a tech career.
- Digital Star (sponsored by CGI) – For a woman who is excelling in a digital role.
- Software Engineer Award (sponsored by RBS) – For a woman who has made a significant difference to the art of software engineering.
- Team Leader Award (sponsored by American Express) – For a woman whose team leadership has greatly contributed to the organisation’s success.
- Entrepreneur Award – For an owner or operator of a technology business, trading for a minimum of 24 months, who is inspiring others to start their own tech-related venture.
- Innovator Award – For a woman designing, developing, researching, implementing or being exceptionally creative with technology in an unconventional way.
- Leader Award (sponsored by BP) – For a woman operating in a senior technology role, making a contribution to the strategic direction of the business and leading a team of over 100 employees.
- International Inspiration Award – For an individual, female or otherwise, for their active commitment to encouraging, advancing, sponsoring or championing the progress of women in tech, outside of the UK.
- Male Agent of Change Award – For a male making an active commitment to encouraging advancing, sponsoring or championing the progress of women in tech.
The FDM Everywoman in Technology Awards ceremony will take place on 4 March 2020.
Follow news of the awards and of Everywoman, at @everywomanUK on Twitter, and using hashtags #ewTechAwards and #womendotech