London’s first edtech week is about to start. Ten leading education technology organisations join forces to showcase the future of education in London all week from 19th to 23rd June 2017.
London Edtech Week will showcase the latest developments in education technology and all participants in EdTech are invited to engage through a series of connected and collaborative events, including conferences, meet-ups, cocktail events, product demonstrations, awards and launch parties. The week of events is being run to coincide with the fifth annual EdTechX Europe conference on 20th and 21st June.
We expect more than 6,000 people across 20 events in London, ready to engage in discussions with the finest minds and most disruptive innovators of the global Edtech scene
The organisations comprise EdtechXGlobal, British Educational Suppliers Association (BESA), EdTech Exchange, Google for Education, The Edtech Podcast, Emerge Education, Nesta, TES Global, University College London (UCL) and UK Education Weekly.
Co-Founder of London Edtech Week and EdtechXGlobal, Benjamin Vedrenne-Cloquet said: “Innovation in education requires collaborative and community-led approaches and that’s why we are thrilled to connect, together with our ten co-chairs, the entire Edtech ecosystem through a collaborative and community-led week-long event series.”
He added: “We expect more than 6,000 people across 20 events in London, ready to engage in discussions with the finest minds and most disruptive innovators of the global EdTech scene.”
Events (see list below) will form the backbone of London EdTech Week with the addition of field trips.
· Monday 19 June – Hosted by The Edtech Podcast and Nesta – ‘Live Podcast: Is Edtech a Thing (Yet)?’ at Nesta from 6pm-9pm. Audience: Investors, Government, Education Leaders & Business Managers (K-12, HE, FE), StartUps, ScaleUps.
· Tuesday 20 June – Hosted by Google for Education – ‘Fuel the Future’, Barclay Primary School in Leyton. Audience: K-12 school leaders, IT leaders and educators
· Tuesday 20 June – Hosted by EdtechXGlobal – ‘London EdTech Field Trips: Connect with the Best’ – Six venues across London, 10am – 5pm. Audience: Innovators, Investors, Corporates and Education Institutions
· Tuesday 20 June – Hosted by BESA – ‘Measuring EdTech Effectiveness’ at Grand Committee Room in the House of Commons, Westminster 7:30pm – 9pm. Audience: Innovators, Industry, Policy, Educators
· Tuesday 20 June –- Hosted by Emerge Education – ‘Red Dragon’s Den Pitching Event’ at EdSpace – 2pm – 5pm. Audience: Innovators, Investors, Angel Investors
· Tuesday 20 June –- Hosted by EdtechXGlobal & HealthtechXEurope – ‘Edtech Meets Healthtech Networking Drinks’ at the close of our inaugural HealthtechXEurope summit at 30 Euston Square, from 5:30pm – 7:30pm. Audience: Innovators , Investors, Thought Leaders
· Wednesday 21 June –- Hosted by EdtechXGlobal – ‘EdtechXEurope Thought Leadership Summit’ at Kings Place from 7am – 7pm. Audience: Innovators, Start-ups, Investors, Corporate Leaders, Educators, Non-Profit Organisations, Governments, Influencers
· Wednesday 21 June –- Hosted by Edtech Exchange & EdtechXGlobal – ‘VIP London Edtech Week Party’ at Kings Place Rotunda bar and restaurant from 7pm – late. Audience: Innovators, Investors, Corporate Leaders, Educators, Non-Profits, Governments, Influencers
· Thursday 22 June –- Hosted by Google for Education – Multi Academy Trust Leadership Symposium at Google UK, 6 Pancras Square, London 10am-3pm. Audience: K-12 school leaders, IT leaders and educators
· Thursday 22 June –- Hosted by Emerge Education – ‘Edtech Milkround and Networking Event’ at Edspace from 6pm – 10pm. Audience: Innovators, Start-ups
· Friday –- Hosted by TES Global – ‘TES Annual Teacher Awards’ at Grovesnor Hotel from 5:30pm – 11pm. Audience: K-12, Higher Education Educators and Administrators
Click here for more information and to book a place.