Introducing the ‘Classroom of the Future’, a new interactive portal created by Hope Education that explores ways in which schools could embrace the traits of today’s children as keen adopters of technology.
With over 65,000 apps now available for education alone and over eight million iPads in circulation in schools across the globe, there are more reasons than ever for schools to turn to digital resources for support in engaging children in the classroom.
The interactive piece guides users around 11 unique features included in the “Classroom of the Future”, each one offering more information on the technology and a interesting fact once clicked upon.
So what features will these classrooms have?
– Programming work spaces – Coding will prove to be a valuable skill for pupils in the future; some say it will be a necessity. These work spaces will provide an essential area from which to learn these skills
– Interactive walls – The removal of the whiteboard from the classroom of the future is inevitable. Our classroom of the future demonstrates a full interactive wall as its replacement
– Interactive desks – Pupils’ desks will evolve into interactive devices, similar to larger class screens. All work will be submitted from this desktop to The Cloud, where class teachers can access and provide feedback.
– Solar windows – Installed in classrooms to help reduce the building’s carbon footprint and save money
– Holograms– Imagine being able to show a class full of inquisitive pupils a cross-section of the Earth or the solar system? Well, this will become the norm in the classroom of the future.
Chris Mahady, CEO of Findel Education (parent company of Hope Education) said: “We decided to take cutting edge technology that already exists and place it in a practical classroom setting. We wanted to explore how these new technological developments could improve teaching and learning on a day to day level, and the exciting possibilities they could reveal.”
Take a look at the Classroom of the Future here – www.hope-education.co.uk/netalogue/hope/classroom-of-the-future/index.html