Under the Gulf Education umbrella, the new event is in response to the fast-paced, and progressive changes being made by the GCC Ministries and leading employers across the region regarding scholarship and employment policies and opportunities as part of each country’s national workforce development programmes.
This ensures that each programme delivers the accurate requirement for each geographical area in terms of qualified manpower and balanced development.
The event will address and clarify via discussion, presentations and meetings:
· The new positioning of the scholarship programmes throughout the GCC and address the challenges and benefits that these create.
· Identify fields of high quality education and the required specialties according to the priorities of development in the region and within each country.
· Identification and clarification of the current labor market disciplines and requirement, whilst also reviewing the niche and specialty areas that are of priority to each.
· Promote quality and excellence in the values of the outputs of the GCC Scholarships Programmes.
· Explore the link between the capabilities of the candidates for the programmes and the appropriate functional areas for them.
· Expand disciplines and the academic levels in the GCC Scholarship programmes to ensure best return on investment throughout.
· Keep pace with rapid changes and requirements of development, ensuring a strengthened competitiveness of the GCC Scholarship programmes, and that they are of the same level as more developed programmes globally.
· GCC determine the career opportunities that will be prioritized and given focus within the sectors of development, under the Ppatronage of “Your Job and Your Scholarship” King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Programme.
Who will attend?
– Head of Scholarships and Training in GCC in all Ministries, Universities, Academic Institutes and Colleges.
– Head of Scholarships and Training from:
o Oil and Gas companies
o Airlines and Travel Companies
o Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers
o Banks and Financial Institutions
o Insurance Companies
Further professional training and employability experts
â€ªThe meetings will be based on a full programme of 1-2-1 strategic private consultations between the key decision makers from the GCC Region and the senior personnel (Vice Chancellors, Deans, Professors and decision makers) from UK universities and Higher Education Colleges to discuss potential projects, programmes and training.
Gulf Education 2014, took place under the esteemed patronage of His Highness Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development of the United Arab Emirates and Ministerial Delegation, the event was kindly hosted at the Emirates Centre for Strategic Studies and Research and attracted a large audience and media attention.
The event’s agenda presented a number of high calibre speakers including H.E. Dr. Sultan Abu-Orabi, Secretary of the Arab University Association, Dr John Law, British Council; and David Lock of the Leadership Foundation along with other key players within the education sector.
Gulf Education has long-established relationships with top international universities, colleges, education suppliers and related technology providers. Whilst UKUD International Educational Consultants have years of experience in consulting with British universities and Higher Education colleges of the educational needs in the GCC region and designing bespoke first class programmes for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Ministry of Health and other leading organisations in the region.
For more information, visit www.gulfeducation.co.uk