Welcome everyone to this fourth episode from the ASU GSV Summit series on The Edtech Podcast. This week we hear about China and Edtech featuring a whole raft of entrepreneurs talking about the internationalisation of Edtech and the part China is playing in investment, innovation and change at a state and consumer level. Educator looking to navigate online tutoring opportunities? Listen in. International School or University looking to understand how to expand into China? Listen in. Start-up wanting to know how to expand into China and/or what the incubator opportunities are? Listen in. Want to check you know about the Government priority areas in educational innovation? Listen in. Fancy some new book recommendations from some of China’s top innovators? Listen in. Basically, listen in.
Don’t forget to also check out the reference links here, for more follow up videos, podcasts and reading on this topic!
What’s in this episode?
- Message from this week’s episode sponsors Qatar Foundation International and Class Central
- Sophie Bailey introduction – latest events, competition winners and news
- Michael Moe with the GSV Cap. perspective on China and Edtech
- 1:1 interviews featuring:
- Joy Chen é™ˆä¸é¸¿, Executive Advisor, International Business Development, TAL Education Group (at 13 minutes and 21 seconds)
- Dun Xiao, Co-founder, 17zuoye.com (at 24 minutes and 35 seconds)
- Cindi Mi, CEO, VIPKid (at 51 minutes and 22 seconds)
- Yi Wang, CEO, Liulishuo (at 1 hour and 11 minutes)
- Sophie Chen, Partner, JMDEdu (at 1 hour and 34 minutes)
- Pei Yu, Head of the Edstars Programme at TAL Education at 1 hour and 38 minutes)
- Sophie Bailey outro – what’s next in the series?
Like this episode? Check out these related videos and podcasts:
From Silk Road to Silicon Valley with Anthony Chang, CEO, Global Education Learning, Victor He, Deputy CEO, China First Capital Group, Cindy Wenjuan Mi, CEO, VIPKID, Dr. Yachao Liu, Co-Founder and Board Director, TAL Education Group and Rick Levin, CEO, Coursera, former President, Yale University
Riding the China Wave: Understanding Trends and Opportunities in Chinese Education with Sean Cavanagh, Associate Editor, Education Week; Senior Editor, EdWeek Market Brief, Mr. Bill Boyu NING, Partner, Blue Elephant Capital, Mr. John Ying Wu, Head of Investments, TAL Education Group and Mr. Yi WANG, Co-Founder and CEO, Liulishuo
China’s Edtech and Its Impact on the Future of Education with Julia Rosen, Managing Director, Global Launch; Executive Director, Thunderbird Academy; Office of the University Provost, Arizona State University with Cindy Wenjuan Mi, Founder & CEO, VIPKID, Dun Xiao, Co-Founder, 17zuoye, Greg Ferenbach, Special Counsel, Cooley LLP and Scott Altschuler, Academic Partnerships, Vice President, University Partnerships
We love to hear from you! Add your thoughts and feedback for inclusion in the next episode, by recording a quick VM for free at speakpipe.com/theedtechpodcast and recording a quick comment. You can also post below, or tweet to @podcastedtech or on Wechat ID: SB529579