What’s in this episode?
Hello everyone, this week we listen into the UK education secretary’s plans for edtech in England, plus the creative brains behind Scratch on the early days of computers, a teacher and the Institute of Imagination on hands-on learning, a new club for edutainment toys, and an insanely enthusiastic digital media FE teacher on collecting Masters degrees and delving into research on AI, our emotions and learning. Enjoy!
- Sophie Bailey: Founder and presenter of The Edtech Podcast | Twitter: @podcastedtech
- Damian Hinds: UK education secretary and MP for East Hampshire | Twitter: @DamianHinds
- Mitchel Resnick: Professor of learning research at MIT Media Lab, author of Lifelong Kindergarten, and founder of the Scratch Team | Twitter: @mres
- Shafina Vohra: Teacher of A level psychology at the London Design & Engineering UTC | Twitter: @ShafinaVohra
- Annie Duffield: Head of marketing and communications, Institute of Imagination | Twitter: @annieduffs
- Ben Callicot: Founder, Toy Pioneers Club | Website: http://toypioneers.club/
- Ian Hurd: Media & creative arts teacher | Twitter: @Ian_R_Hurd