The Education Innovation Summit is set to take place on 31 May 2018 at the Hilton, Sandton in Johannesburg, South Africa. Hosted by IT News Africa, the summit is designed to bring together innovation leaders and the academic community to accelerate innovative thinking in education. It will further provide discussion topics about cutting-edge education technology challenges facing the industry today. Moreover, the summit explores technology innovations that will enhance teaching and learning in the academic institutions.
As technology is rapidly transforming the face of education, this gathering will create a platform to teach, learn and develop new models of thinking about innovation and creating sustainable functional networks. This one-day event will be interactive and provide case studies that will be helpful to the delegates.
Who should attend?
The summit will include a vast range of participants such as CIOs of educational institutions, education policy development representatives, education NGOs, principals, edtech entrepreneurs, academics, university chancellors, directors of education, curriculum development specialists, technology service providers and Government officials responsible for education.
Reasons to attend:
- Learning opportunity – Agenda sessions at the summit will feature top executives speaking on topics aligned to their knowledge and expertise. Speakers will guide the robust discussionsin the right direction, laying the groundwork for productive interaction.
- Network – Education Innovation Summit provides a platform to engage with other professionals to build relationships that extend beyond the context of the event. One of its goals is to ensure that attendees build partnerships, tackle challenges and transform their organisations.
- Productive environment – The summit creates a focused environment that allows attendees to focus on the issues that are most important to their situations.
- Return on investment – Education Innovation Summit offers aholistic experience to ensure that allattendees leave with high quality information.
- Step back – Professionals attending the Education Innovation Summit can take time away from their duties to reflect and re-examine the issues and goals that occupy most of their time in the office. This summit will allow the attendees to confront challenges which daily circumstances could be shielding.
Key topics to be discussed:
- How assistive technology is changing special education.
- Overcoming barriers to tech adoption in education.
- Change management: administrators and educational technologies – narrowing the divide.
- Fostering creativity through introducing design thinking to the educational process.
- Practical challenges of digital learning: getting the balance right for future-thinking.
- Transforming education: the power of ICT policies.
- Navigating the road blocks to innovation in education.
- Transforming education: The power of ICT Policies.
- Reimagining the role of technology in higher education.
- Innovation in education: what works, what doesn’t, and what to do about it?
- ICT Integration in education – incorporation for teaching & learning improvement.
- Creating an e-learning strategy that works.
Speakers at this year’s event include:
- Riaan Van Der Bergh, Technology Manager Education Lead, FEDSAS
- Anele Davids, Director, ICT and Teacher Development, Sci-Bono, Discovery Centre
- Dr James Keevy, Ceo, Jet Education Services
- Michelle Lissoos, Managing Director, Think Ahead Education Solutions
- Michele Botha, Assessment Specialist: Primary Schools, Independent Examination Board (IEB)
- Prof Duan Vd Westhuizen, Professor: Learning Technologies, University of Johannesburg
- Tom Parry, Co-Founder and MD South Africa, Instill Education
For more information regarding the summit, visit: http://www.educationinnovationsummit.co.za/
Sponsorships & Exhibitions: http://www.educationinnovationsummit.co.za/sponsor/