Cloud technologies bring a wealth of benefits to schools, but they depend on a solid infrastructure and the right broadband solution with the right safeguarding and security systems in place. We’ve seen many of our schools investing in faster broadband connections to allow the use of the new and innovative technologies.
However with reduced budgets and tighter restrictions on spend, investment in infrastructure that could potentially be out of date within 3 years might be a difficult pill to swallow, but the use and application of the Internet isn’t going away.
RM Education have identified five considerations that will help you when thinking about your connectivity choices.
- What are your school’s immediate needs? Do you need faster connections, more bandwidth, or greater security on your line?
- Does your school have a line with enough capacity for all your users to log on at the same time? How many users will you need in the next 12 months?
- Does your school have a back-up line if the first line goes down? Make sure you have a clear plan for making sure you’re always connected.
- Does your current contract tie your school into using one particular provider or service for more than three years? If so, can they help you scale up your broadband provision in the future as and when you need to?
- Does your broadband service have built in safeguarding and security solutions that tie in with your school’s policies and protocols? Products like RM safetynet can help you meet your safeguarding needs seamlessly.
If you’d like to talk to RM Education about your broadband or get a quote you can visit rm.com/broadband or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.