Terms and conditions
The term ‘Education Technology’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Wildfire Comms Ltd, Unit 2.4 Paintworks, Arnos Vale, Bristol, BS4 3EH. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website are for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timelines, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, content, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. Most of the material featured on this website is subject to copyright protection. Material published by Education Technology is generally copyright Education Technology unless otherwise specified.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
1. The Education Technology Social Network
You agree that by registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with Wildfire Comms Ltd (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this contract (“Contract” or “User Agreement”), do not register or access any of our Services. If you wish to terminate this contract, at any time you can do so by closing your account and no longer accessing or using our Services.
This Contract applies to edtechnology.co,uk, Education Technology webinars hosted. with third parties
Registered users of our Services are “Members” and unregistered users are “Visitors”.
You are entering into this Contract with Education Technology (also referred to as “we” and “us”).
Wildfire Comms Ltd will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services.
This Contract applies to Members and Visitors.
1.2 Members and Visitors
When you register and join the Education Technology community or register to receive a webinar, email or digital magazine, you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features as a “Visitor.”
We may make changes to the Contract.
2.1 Service Eligibility
Here are some promises that you make to us in this Contract:
You’re eligible to enter into this Contract and you are at least our “Minimum Age.”
The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 16.
To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be the “Minimum Age” (described below) or older; (2) you will only have one Education Technology account, which must be in your real name. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 16.
“Minimum Age” means 16 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for Education Technology to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
2.2 Your Account
You will keep your password a secret.
You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow our rules and the law.
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) use a strong password and keep it confidential; (2) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections) and (3) follow the law and our list of Dos and Don’ts and professional community policies. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
As between you and others (including your employer), your account belongs to you.
2.3 Notices and Messages
You’re okay with us providing notices and messages to you through our websites, webinars, emails and contact information. If your contact information is out of date, you may miss out on important notices.
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
When you share information on our Services, others can see, copy and use that information.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, articles, group posts, links to news articles, and messages. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members, Visitors or others (including off of the Services).
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it with or without notice.